[Interview] Paul Thomas and Manuel De La Mare on their upcoming track!


MARCH 21, 2011 - DOORN RECORDS CATCHES UP WITH PAUL THOMAS & MANUEL DE LA MARE ON THEIR UPCOMING RELEASE

At only 28, Paul Thomas is someone who is causing something of a major stir in the dance music fraternity being a Godskitchen worldwide resident, Toolroom records producer, Global Underground artist and stalwart member of the nu breed of house music. After massive releases on Toolroom, Spinnin Records, Strictly and Data Records, he’s hooking up with Manuel De La Mare again for some ‘musica buena’ on Doorn Records. As we know Manuel with a soaring profile and constantly growing international followers and fans, he also launched his own labels 303Lovers and Hotfingers back in 2007 along with Alex Kenji and Marshall. Needless to say we have some catching up to do with these guys prior to the worldwide release of their new track called ‘Circle of Life’, 5th of April.

   
Are you guys big a fan of The Lion King, or was the title for the new track ‘Circle of Life’ on Doorn Records a coincident?
 
Paul Thomas: Funnily enough, someone on Twitter asked me if Elton John was on vocals on the track the other day - they clearly haven't heard the track! Manuel actually came up with the name, I just went along as it sounded cool!

Manuel De La Mare: Haha, no i'm not a fan of the Lion King, actually I never watched that movie. I have some blurred memories how the title came out – it was after dinner with John Acquaviva and my girfriend, we were all very inspired looking for new track titles and this Circle of Life grabbed my attention. Later when we finished this track with Paul, I remembered these words and I thought it would be perfect for this track: dynamic and emotional, like the life is.

How do you start your circle of life in the morning?
 
Manuel: The last weeks I’ve been waking up at night like a proper vampire and my favorite start of the day is a good breakfast with scrambled eggs and Greek cheese.

Paul: I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to checking my placings on Beatport, so the first thing I do every morning is check the Beatport charts on my iPhone. Then I always plan to make an early start in the studio for around 9am, which actually turns into 1pm because I get side-tracked so much!

And how do you usually end it after a gig?
 
Paul: At an after party, then an after-after party, then an after-after-after party.

Manuel: I'm often too nervous and excited after a gig to have some sleep, so if there are no after parties I chill in the bathtub of the hotel. And after that, I get the best time for sleeping on the flight back home.

Which track is your all time favorite to play during sets?
 
Manuel: Without mentioning classics that all people know, I still love playing ‘FLG – Amplifier’ and also a remix I did for Paul about a year ago for a track called ‘Konduktor’. 

Paul: I go through stages of playing different ones. ‘Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke' & ‘Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade' have been recent favorites. But if I had to pick only 1, it would probably be ‘Sasha - Xpander'.

Is there a specific producer you would you like to work with in the future and if so,  why him/her?
 
Manuel: Bob Sinclar, because I have to say thanks to him for being into house music.

Paul: There's so many nowadays that it's difficult to choose one! I really like Eric Prydz, whether its under Pryda or Cirez D he constantly delivers. So I'd probably say him.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2013 Dj-Limitz All Rights Reserved

Pronounce by We Pronounce